General Admission Information
Prospective students should understand that admission to the Master of Social Work Program is competitive, limited in number, and dependent upon the availability of faculty. Meeting the above requirements does not guarantee admission.
Admission Requirements (Regular Standing Program)
In addition to meeting regular Graduate School requirements of a bachelor degree, completed online application, and GRE Scores, students seeking Regular admission to the Master of Social Work Program must meet or submit the following:
- Completion of 3 hours in each of the following undergraduate liberal arts courses: English composition, history, political science, statistics, psychology, sociology, human biology and 9 hours of electives in the social or behavioral sciences.
- Personal Autobiographical Statement
- Background check
- Three letters of recommendation
Application deadline: April 1.
Admission Requirements (Advanced Standing)
The application deadline for Advanced Standing is January 15.
In addition to the requirements for Regular admission, students seeking admission to the Advanced Standing Program for the Master of Social Work must meet the following:
- 3.0 GPA on the last 60 hours of undergraduate coursework or 3.0 Overall GPA
- Completion of Bachelor of Social Work degree from a CSWE accredited program within the last five years